Date:      Fri, 14 May 2010 16:47:57 -0700
From:      John Prather <john.c.prather@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-xen@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Xen 8 & 9 DomU kernel panic with 2 or more virtual CPU

This seems to affect most people trying to use FreeBSD on xen i386 paravirt=
.

I was trying it on Linode, and got 8.0-RELEASE to actually boot by
hacking MAXCPU to 1 in sys/i386/include/param.h but even then, when it
was under load (building world or lots of ports) it would occasionally
panic.

8-STABLE wouldn't even boot with MAXCPU hacked to 1 to avoid
VCPUOP_initialise panic, throwing panic on
HYPERVISOR_update_va_mapping instead.

I played around a bit with hacking the sys source, but I don't know
enough about XEN or even FreeBSD kernel behavior to figure out what's
going wrong here.