Date:      Wed, 31 Oct 2001 11:49:04 -0500
From:      Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
To:        gnats-admin@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: docs/30202: "supported SCSI devices" section of FAQ inaccurate

--pWyiEgJYm5f9v55/

So here I am, looking at my old PRs that haven't been closed, when it
hits me...

I would think that the best way to solve this once and for all would
be to introduce an entity that points to the current release notes.
This would address dd's dislike of the link I suggested while
remaining up to date forever.  Also, I would imagine that the ability
to link to the current release notes easily is a Good Thing.

Attached please find two patches that implement this.  I'm not certain
if the entity is added to the correct file, but it compiles so I'm
shipping it.  :)

One applies to book.sgml, the other to share/sgml/freebsd.ent.

--
Michael Lucas
mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org

--pWyiEgJYm5f9v55/

*** book.sgml-dist	Wed Oct 31 11:30:49 2001
--- book.sgml	Wed Oct 31 11:32:32 2001
***************
*** 2354,2360 ****

          <answer>
            <para>See the complete list in the <ulink
!             URL="../handbook/install.html#INSTALL-HW">Handbook</ulink>.</para>
          </answer>
        </qandaentry>

--- 2354,2360 ----

          <answer>
            <para>See the complete list in the <ulink
!             URL="&rel.current.notes">Release Notes</ulink>.</para>
          </answer>
        </qandaentry>

--pWyiEgJYm5f9v55/

*** freebsd.ent-dist	Wed Oct 31 11:26:51 2001
--- freebsd.ent	Wed Oct 31 11:28:58 2001
       it's really release time -->
  <!ENTITY rel.current CDATA "4.4">
  <!ENTITY rel.current.date CDATA "September, 2001">
+ <!ENTITY rel.current.notes "http://www.freebsd.org/releases/4.4R/notes.html">;

  <!-- Sections that we don't want to be published -->
  <!ENTITY % not.published 	"IGNORE">

--pWyiEgJYm5f9v55/--