Date:      Sun, 14 Oct 2001 18:15:21 -0400
From:      John Cantu <Jeian@myrealbox.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org,
Subject:   Why my FAT32 partition got "corrupted"

Some time back, I posted that my FAT32 partition was corrupted by FreeBSD, =
and that I needed help... You'll probably all laugh at me once I tell you=
 what happened, but I'll tell you all FYI, in case anyone else needs to h=
ear this.

Simply put, somehow the partition type for that particular partition got se=
t to decimal 27 instead of hex 0x0B. I could mount that partition once I =
specified the file type, but Windows couldn't boot from it, and fdisk did=
n't know what it was. Easy solution: After dithering helplessly for about=
 2 weeks, it suddenly came to me. I looked up the correct type, (hex 0x0B=
, dec 11) ran /stand/sysinstall to reset the partition to type 11, and vo=
ila! It worked!

Just in case anyone cares...
John Cantu