Date:      Thu, 29 Dec 1994 10:47:12 -0700 (MST)
From:      Don Yuniskis <dgy@seagull.rtd.com>
To:        bde@zeta.org.au (Bruce Evans)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com (FreeBSD hackers)
Subject:   Re: 1.1.5.1R libm

> >while porting a few packages.  Specifically, it appears that gamma()
> >is discontinuous.
>
> Well, it is discontinuous for some x <= 0 (negative integers?).  Are
> you aware that gamma() really is gamma() in libm, but it used to be
> the log of the real gamma().  It is the log of the real gamma() in

This appears to have been the problem. The (old) port of gnuplot
had been configured to use gamma() instead of lgamma() for the
GAMMA function.  I guess it could be a bit confusing... ;-)

Anyway, if built as originally ported, the "prob" demo would make
these problems very visible (discontinuities in PDF's which depend
on GAMMA(), CDF's that don't approach 1.0, missing graphs, etc.)

Someone might wish to check these on 2.0R...