Date:      Fri, 31 Dec 1999 09:38:57 +0100
From:      Frank Louwers <frank@student.rug.ac.be>
To:        Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IRDA on a Thinkpad 770E

On Fri, Dec 31, 1999 at 01:11:11AM +0100, Ollivier Robert wrote:
> According to Frank (sysadmin):
> > frank (whishing he could sync his palmV to his laptop over IR ...)
>
> You should be able to do that already. On my VAIO, one can configure the IrDA
> port as a serial device and use that as hotsync port but it doesn't seem to
> work (maybe my own fault)...

On my TP760, I can also configure my ir as a normal serial device. However, if
I do a 'cat /dev/cuaa1' and hold my Palm before it and try to hotsync, I get
lots of stuff, but every 2 lines or so, the word IrCOMM appears.

So I guess I would need at least IrCOMM support ...

frank
--
Frank Louwers                                      Unix System Administrator
PGP:  1024D/3F6A7EDD D597 566A BDF5 BBFB C308  447A 5E81 1188 3F6A 7EDD