Date:      Tue, 1 Jun 1999 10:42:33 +0300
From:      Yiorgos Adamopoulos <adamo@dblab.ece.ntua.gr>
To:        David Schwartz <davids@webmaster.com>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Reboot during make world

On Mon, May 31, 1999 at 08:40:37PM -0700, David Schwartz wrote:
> 	This type of crash is almost always flaky memory or an overheating
> processor, but this machine has been reliable in the past. It's running
> 3.2-STABLE. I recompiled the kernel and rebooted a few hours today. Then,
> just now, I went to do a 'make world', and it just rebooted.
>
> 	Here's the last thing left on my telnet session:
[snip]

With the exception of the last build that I did, I always had this problem
(which is definately HW, since BeOS refused to install on the very same HW).

Try to boot the system in single user mode and make world again.  This worked
for me.

[ Apart from this, the very same HW has never crashed for any reason ]

--
Yiorgos Adamopoulos         -- #include <std/disclaimer.h>
adamo@dblab.ece.ntua.gr     -- Knowledge and Data Base Systems Laboratory, NTUA