Date:      Fri, 23 Sep 2005 14:43:54 -0400
From:      Anish Mistry <mistry.7@osu.edu>
To:        Sasa Stupar <sasa@stupar.homelinux.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Migration from FC4 to FreeBSD

--nextPart1269215.f1shXUEPD7

On Friday 23 September 2005 02:30 pm, Sasa Stupar wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Currently I have a running mail/web server under FC4. I have
> sendmail+cyrus2 configured. The question is: can I migrate easily
> to FreeBSD with only a backup of all mailboxes  under /var/imap and
> /var/spool/imap and also the backup of /etc/shadow for all users?

I'm not sure about /etc/shadow but you should be able to transfer the=20
mailboxes just fine.  Setup a test system and try it out is probably=20
the best way to go.  If the same machine is going to be hosting=20
websites, I'd recommend setting up a jail each for mail and web.  I'm=20
setting up a 3rd system with this setup right now and it works great.

=2D-=20
Anish Mistry