Date:      Sat, 1 Apr 2000 09:37:46 -0600 (CST)
From:      De la Cruz Lugo Eric <eric@iteso.mx>
To:        "Jeffrey J. Mountin" <jeff-ml@mountin.net>
Cc:        Benedict H <hbenedict_fbsd@yahoo.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: superuser

Benedict:=20
=20
What Jeffrey mean is that you need to add the name of the user in the file
/etc/group, in that file there is a line like this one:
=20
wheel:*:0:root,jose,cacho  <--this one, you only need to add th user you
daemon:*:1:daemon             want to give the speruser privileges.
kmem:*:2:root                 don=B4t forget to use a "," to separate the
sys:*:3:root                  user name ok? :)
tty:*:4:root
operator:*:5:root,bin
mail:*:6:
bin:*:7:       =20

On Sat, 1 Apr 2000, Jeffrey J. Mountin wrote:

> At 10:14 PM 4/1/00 +0700, Benedict H wrote:
> >currently I use FreeBSD 3.3-RELEASE on my machine and I have problem in=
=20
> >creating a non-root user
> >that can have privilege of superuser (specifically to run adduser)
>=20
> You did add them to the wheel group, right?
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Jeff Mountin - jeff@mountin.net
> Systems/Network Administrator
> FreeBSD - the power to serve
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20

HOPE THIS HELPS!
=20
Eric De La Cruz Lugo.

Greetings from Merida, Yucatan, Mexico, The Maya Land!