Date:      Fri, 17 Dec 1999 16:28:07 +0100
From:      Szilveszter Adam <sziszi@petra.hos.u-szeged.hu>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   interesting...

Hi everybody!

Reading the last mail about asking help for a very basic setup situation...
I was wondering why people keep sending those questions (and many even more
stupid ones like "send me the Free BSD") exactly to *this*
list? Is this address listed somewhere in the docs or on the web pages as the
place to get help or something? I am on several other FBSD mailing lists and
none of them gets this type of questions... If it is, even in some seemingly
innocent context, we should make clear what we are for because most people
disprefer reading long docs and instead want an answer for *their* problems
instantly, individualized and of course free. (That is why all support
hotlines are unreachable at hardware vendors...:-) Maybe it is the
maintainer info or something similar...

Just some quick thoughts...

Regards:

Szilveszter ADAM