Date:      Mon, 3 May 2021 18:52:22 -0700
From:      bob prohaska <fbsd@www.zefox.net>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Timezone problems on -current

On Tue, May 04, 2021 at 02:13:55AM +0100, tech-lists wrote:

> # ntpd
> ntpdate_enable="YES"
> ntpdate_flags="-b"
> ntpdate_hosts="uk.pool.ntp.org"
> ntpd_enable="YES"
> ntpd_sync_on_start="YES"

Up to now I've used only the line
ntpdate_enable="YES"
and it's been enough to keep the clock sane. On the last reboot
it appears ntpdate either didn't run or failed silently. The most
obvious suspect is a wireless ethernet bridge that might be saying
it's up before the access point is responsive.

I'll have to do a few test reboots when the machine becomes idle.
I know ntpdate works sometimes, but perhaps not always.

Thanks for writing,

bob prohaska