Date:      Fri, 11 May 2001 08:38:24 -0400
From:      Jason Stewart <jstewart@rtl.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Moused,/boot/kernel.conf, and ppp -auto

Greetings,

	I have been using linux for about 4 years, and recently tried FreeBSD (and
ahd fun with it!). A couple of questions...

1. How do I set the blank time in moused. (I'm used to the Linux GPM).

2. I've built a new kernel to include sound drivers, and in Dmesg, I get
some obscure messages about a di command. I looked around and found that
these commands were in my /boot/kernel.conf file. I looked at the man
pages, and the handbook, but couldnt find out what these commands did ( I
assume that they were placed there from my install of my generic kernel,
when I disabled certain drivers). Does anyone
know what these commands do? Where can I find more info on them?

3. I can run ppp and dial my ISP from my terminal interface. ('dial ISP'),
but when I try to do ppp -auto ISP, I get a message about the interface not
being configured correctly. My ISP does not give me a default gateway, and
I suspect that I need one to use auto ppp. I've tried using 0.0.0.0 to no
avail. Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks alot,
Jason Stewart