Date:      Fri, 18 Jun 2004 17:34:11 -0400
From:      Marty Landman <MLandman@face2interface.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   want ftp access through my gateway

Hi,

My gateway machine runs windows xp. Using zoneedit's nameservers am
pointing a domain at my ip address and then using apache's reverse proxy
pointing requests to an account running on my FBSD 3.8 box. Of course am
running apache servers on both the gateway and fbsd boxes.

Anyway, this part seems to be working fine. However I would also like to be
able to remotely ftp to the website account from the web.

IOW zoneedit is pointing to my gateway's ip addr for mysite.com. My gateway
box's httpd.conf file has a virtualhost set up for mysite.com with
ProxyPass & ProxyPassReverse directives sending requests for
http://mysite.com to the virtualhost mysite on the fbsd box. The gateway
hosts file establishes that mysite is on the fbsd box.

Now I'd like to ftp to mysite.com and have my gateway send that request
right over to my fbsd box.

Marty

Marty Landman, Face 2 Interface Inc. 845-679-9387
Search & Sort Easily: http://face2interface.com/Products/FormATable.shtml
Web Installed Formmail: http://face2interface.com/formINSTal