Date:      Fri, 14 Aug 1998 21:40:41 -0400
From:      "Jim Flowers" <jflowers@ezo.net>
To:        "Javier Gomez-Castellanos" <javierg@ctr.columbia.edu>, "Bill Trost" <trost@cloud.rain.com>
Cc:        "Javier Gomez-Castellanos" <javierg@comet.columbia.edu>, <mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: PCMCIA waveLAN driver.

I have looked through the minimal docs for using these with NT and WIN95.
They don't actually have the NT drivers for the 802.11 yet but I managed the
install for WIN95.  Before the PCCard install both required "introducing"
the PCCard to the OS which required a seperate driver install before the
actual WaveLAN driver could be installed.  Could it be that the FreeBSD
strategy is the same and that you have to get the socket recognized before
the WaveLAN driver can see the PC Card?