Date:      Thu, 20 Mar 2008 00:18:58 +1100
From:      Norberto Meijome <freebsd@meijome.net>
To:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: T61p  and acpi_ibm

(my apologies if this email arrives twice...)
On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 21:50:26 -0500
Dan Olson <danolson@visi.com> wrote:

> Markus Brueffer wrote:
> > Am Samstag, 15. M=E4rz 2008 02:34:52 schrieb Dan Olson:
> >> So I just got a new Lenovo T61p and thought I'd try the acpi_ibm kernel
> >> module to see if it works.  Well it loads with out errors and the
> >> thinklight changes from 0 to 1.   The lcd_brightness variable doesn't
> >> change but the buttons works. Also it looks like the mute and volume a=
re
> >> real keys now as they are registered in X as key presses.
> >>
> >> Most of the buttons actually work but is there any thing that can be
> >> done to get some more buttons to be seen by acpi_ibm?  I played with
> >> changing the eventmask with no luck. Any suggestions?
> >=20
> > I suppose, you already set dev.acpi_ibm.0.events=3D1 and=20
> > dev.acpi_ibm.0.eventmask=3D16777215 ?
> >=20
> > A lot of keys throw acpi events which are being handled by devd. Did yo=
u=20
> > already have a look at these?
> >=20
> > Which keys exactly don't work?
> >=20
> > In order to analyze this further, we need a copy of the DSDT:
> >=20
> > # acpidump -dt > t61p.asl
> >=20
> > Please put the resulting file t61p.asl on a webserver and provide a lin=
k to=20
> > that file.
>=20
> Yeah, I've tried those events and eventmask sysctls.
>=20
> I've read the devd man pages and don't know how to configure it to=20
> respond to key presses that don't change the sysctls states.
>=20
> The only keys that I have noticed that don't change the corresponding=20
> sysctls are the lcd brightness up and down, the volume up and down, and=20
> the mute. These keys actually work it is just the sysctls don't change.
>=20
> dev.acpi_ibm.0.lcd_brightness: 0
> dev.acpi_ibm.0.volume: 7
> dev.acpi_ibm.0.mute: 0
>=20
> The lcd_brightness is always 0, the volume is always 7 and mute is=20
> always 0.

Hi Dan et al,
what you experience is the same to what I see in my older z60m. A solution =
would be great :)

Anyway, you may find these=20
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-mobile/2006-August/008948.html
and

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-mobile/2006-August/008959.html

useful wrt to handling devd and custom scripts... AFAIK, you don't need sys=
ctl values to be changed for devd events to be triggered, but I could be wr=
ong.

cheers,

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"Everything is interesting if you go into it deeply enough"
  Richard Feynman

I speak for myself, not my employer. Contents may be hot. Slippery when wet=
. Reading disclaimers makes you go blind. Writing them is worse. You have b=
een Warned.