Date:      Mon, 31 May 1999 14:43:49 +0200
From:      Ladavac Marino <mladavac@metropolitan.at>
To:        'Taavi Talvik' <taavi@uninet.ee>, Ladavac Marino <mladavac@metropolitan.at>
Cc:        'Nick Hibma' <nick.hibma@jrc.it>, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: a two-level port system?  (fwd)

	[ML]  You have a point there :)
	Of course, you could check out the 1.1.1 version of the big
file, build your port, and then the 1.1.2 version of the big file, build
the other one, but this would be probably rather slow--some testing will
be needed.

	Another possibility is one file per port, thus keeping the stuff
in more manageable chunks.  For this I don't even have to write
anything--shar will do (something better than shar, something that keeps
the file entries alphabetized and thus guarantees minimal diffs would be
good, though).

	I hope we all agree that a reduction in file/directory count is
desirable.

	[ML]  /Marino