Date:      Sat, 22 Apr 2000 22:33:19 -0500
From:      Glenn Johnson <glennpj@bayouhome.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Linux RPC program

I just got a Linux software program at work (no source code). One of its
features is to do distributed processing via RPC. I am using FreeBSD
4.0-STABLE, with the latest Linux_base port. The software runs fine
except for the RPC. Portmap is running.

Here is what I did. I added the following line to /etc/rpc:

bminrd          630474513

I then updated the NIS maps and verified that the info was getting
across to each host via rpcinfo -p.

I started up the daemon, bminrd, on each of the hosts that will be
running calculations. The daemon is running and appears to be fine but
communication does not work as evidenced by the following output of
rpcinfo -t node6 bminrd:

rpcinfo: RPC: Unable to receive; errno = Connection reset by peer

program 630474513 version 0 is not available

Does RPC for Linux binaries work in FreeBSD? If so, what do I need to
do?

Thanks in advance.

--
Glenn Johnson