Date:      Thu, 29 May 2008 14:31:39 -0500
From:      Derek Graham <derek.graham@att.net>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Microsoft LifeCam VX-1000 Support kldload gspca (gspca.ko: No such file or directory)

on Tuesday 27 May 2008Tuesday 27 May 2008 Dean Hamstead Dean Hamstead <dean@fragfest.com.au> wrote:

> 260 webcams supported and counting.
>
> http://mxhaard.free.fr/index.html
>
> not sure if you can launch from there to find freebsd support
>
> Dean
>
> Derek Graham wrote:
> > I got suckered into grabbing this cheap webcam and now that I am back in
> > a non-windows environment I am wondering if there is any hope for drivers
> > for a MS product? :p  Any advice on a webcam that wont give me too much
> > grief and not cost too much either? Also I wanted to see on external usb
> > dvd burners i saw a LG External USB DVD Writer and a HP External USB DVD
> > Writer. What would you guys recommend for that?
Ok thanks I tried it but got these errors:
Mulder# kldstat
Id Refs Address    Size     Name
 1   25 0xc0400000 64bf3c   kernel
 2    1 0xc0a4c000 85e4     linprocfs.ko
 3    6 0xc0a55000 29868    linux.ko
 4    1 0xc0a7f000 8a4c     snd_es137x.ko
 5    1 0xc0a88000 80dcf8   nvidia.ko
 6    1 0xc1296000 4cb0     atapicam.ko
 8    1 0xc133d000 6a2b4    acpi.ko
 9    1 0xc4898000 e000     fuse.ko
10    1 0xc4b50000 9000     vmmon_up.ko
11    1 0xc4b59000 2000     vmnet.ko
12    1 0xc4b5b000 5000     if_tap.ko
13    1 0xc4b69000 2000     rtc.ko

Mulder# kldxref -v /boot/modules/
/boot/modules/nvidia.ko
kldxref: /boot/modules/nvidia.ko: 82017 REL entries
/boot/modules/gspca.ko
kldxref: /boot/modules/gspca.ko: 3828 REL entries
/boot/modules/pwc.ko
kldxref: /boot/modules/pwc.ko: 388 REL entries
/boot/modules/lhint.eyS8fW
kldxref: elf_open(/boot/modules/lhint.eyS8fW): Inappropriate file type or format

Mulder# kldload /boot/modules/gspca.ko
kldload: can't load /boot/modules/gspca.ko: No such file or directory
Mulder# kldload gspca
kldload: can't load gspca: No such file or directory
Mulder# kldload gspca.ko
kldload: can't load gspca.ko: No such file or directory

Sincerely,
Derek A. Graham