Date:      Sat, 15 Aug 1998 17:59:06 -0500 (CDT)
From:      rural orangutang <dono@loki.async.org>
To:        Matthew West <mwest@cs.uct.ac.za>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: key mapping

: [mwest@gimli] /usr/share/misc$ diff termcap.old termcap
: 300c300
: <       :kh=\EOH:@7=\EOF:kb=^H:kD=^?:\
: ---
: >       :kh=\EOH:@7=\EOF:\

Thanks for the quick response. I have tried this both on xterm and cons25
(well, the 'cons25w' entry) on 2.2.7R's termcap, cap_mkdb'd it, yet it
does not seem to fix the problem. This does not seem to fix my Linux
machine's xterm (Slackware's 'linux' termcap works fine with
delete/backspace out-of-the-box), either. By the way, if it helps any, I
am using the editor 'joe'. Any other solutions? Any help would be
appreciated. Thanks again.

-anewman