Date:      Fri, 13 May 2005 12:10:46 +0200 (CEST)
From:      simon butsana <spbutsana@yahoo.fr>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 5.3 installation problem

Hi,

When trying to install FreeBSD 5.3 on my computer, I get the following error "No disks found".

But I can install without any problem Linux or Windows on that computer. The hard disk is IDE 160 GB (Western Digital).

Does anyone have an idea on a solution?

Thanks,

Simon

Hervé Kergourlay <herve.kergourlay@atempo.com> a écrit :
Kris Kennaway a écrit :

>>>Make sure those directories exist and are writable by the user. They
>>>won't be created automatically.
>>>

>>checked, I force the 777 mode on the /cores directory
>>

>And the %U directories?

I create manually the 0 directory for root and the 114 for me with the
same 777 mode

is there any white papers to explain who to configure the core file
configuration, perhaps I miss something

hervé

>>so big file are managed without any pain. correct ?
>>

>Correct.

thanks, I will test it