Date:      Wed, 16 Sep 2009 20:01:35 +1000
From:      Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy@acm.org>
To:        Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Error building jdk15 in jail

--QKdGvSO+nmPlgiQ/

On 2009-Sep-14 22:10:43 -0700, Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com> wrote:
>On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 06:01:42AM +1000, Peter Jeremy wrote:
>> I have installed a copy of my i386 netbook into a jail on my main
>> amd64 system to speed up builds.  After some initial rough edges got
>> fixed up, I have managed to rebuild world and a significant number of
>> ports but jdk15 has blown up.  If anyone has any suggestions, I would
>> appreciate it.

And, just for good measure, the errors move around from run to run,
though I don't have any problem building java outside the jail.

When I added '-DDISABLE_MAKE_JOBS', jdk15 built to completion but
scanning the build log revealed three "Internal Error" reports
against the old jdk (and I've found 3 empty hs_err files).

>> VM Arguments:
>> jvm_args: -Xbootclasspath/p:../../sun/javac/javac/gjc.jar
>
>This is concerning to me.  It looks like its got the JAR from GNU's gjc in
>the class path.  I don't really think they are going to play well together.

My non-jail amd64 build shows exactly the same sequence (apart from the
VM internal errors) so I don't think this is the problem.

--=20
Peter Jeremy

--QKdGvSO+nmPlgiQ/

--QKdGvSO+nmPlgiQ/--