Date:      Sat, 28 Apr 2018 11:36:35 +0100
From:      Mark Raynsford <list+org.freebsd.virtualization@io7m.com>
To:        "Rodney W. Grimes" <freebsd-rwg@pdx.rh.CN85.dnsmgr.net>
Cc:        freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Read-only view of a ZFS filesystem inside a bhyve guest?

--Sig_/MPVsoO6FN4EuNKbsDVX6YYD

On 2018-04-27T11:42:18 -0700

On 2018-04-27T12:22:39 -0500
Eric Borisch <eborisch@gmail.com> wrote:

> I use NFS for (*nix) guests, and SMB for Windows guests; both work well,
> and can be restricted to specific IPs / ranges to help minimize security
> concerns.
>=20

Well that's two in favour of NFS. I have one small question: Is there
any way to stop nfsd from forking into the background? I run everything
on the system under process supervision (runit), and this is the first
time I've ever seen a daemon program with no option to stay in the
foreground.

I can write a wrapper in C that starts up rpcbind and nfsd (the former
*does* have an option to stay in the foreground), but I'd rather not if
I don't have to.

--=20
Mark Raynsford | http://www.io7m.com