Date:      Fri, 3 May 2002 00:27:30 +0000
From:      "Richard Shea" <richardshea@fastmail.fm>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        listsub@rambo.simx.org
Subject:   getting amount of ram with sysctl

> Im trying to get the total amount of ram in a machine using
> sysctl variables.
>
> I figured vm.stats.vm.v_page_size * vm.stats.vm.v_page_count
> should give me total ram, but it always end up a few megs short.
Hi - Sorry I don't have an answer to your question but I would like to
do this myself and I don't know how (I don't know how to do it at all,
forget about accuracy !).

I've looked at 'man sysctl' and I can't see the variables you have
mentioned - the nearest i've got is 'vm.loadavg'.

Could you post the actual command you're using so that I could try it ?

Sorry about not answering your question, I'm sure someone will !

regards

richard shea.

--
http://fastmail.fm - Get back to work