Date:      Wed, 29 Jul 1998 19:37:18 +0200
From:      sthaug@nethelp.no
To:        nate@mt.sri.com
Cc:        andrewr@slack.net, brett@lariat.org, robert+freebsd@cyrus.watson.org, jkb@best.com, chat@FreeBSD.ORG, security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Security How-To (Was: QPopper exploit)

> > For a 30 day trial copy, go to www.datafellows.com and hed to their
> > download section. You can get a m$ copy of ssh client there.
>
> We bought a half dozen of these, and all I can say is they're buggier
> than snot.  Compression doesn't work if turned on, it hogs all the CPU
> on the machine (but does nothing) much of the time, and crashes the box
> occasionally.

Different experiences, evidently. We have several users here who use the
Windows version all the time, and they seem happy enough. Tunnelling pop3
through ssh works on the windows client too...

(Note that I don't use the Windows version myself - though I've been using
the free Unix version basically from day 1.)