Date:      Mon, 29 Mar 2004 23:06:18 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        Johnson David <DavidJohnson@Siemens.com>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mainframe support

--0lnxQi9hkpPO77W3

On Mon, Mar 29, 2004 at 12:44:19PM -0800, Johnson David wrote:
> On Monday 29 March 2004 12:30 pm, Adam Turoff wrote:
> > So while IBM's VM per se may only be interesting to the Fortune 500,
> > virtualization is gaining traction, especially at the low end of the
> > spectrum.  ISPs for example have been offering accounts on virtual
> > machines for a few years now.  I wouldn't be surprised to see shops
> > that used to buy vanilla boxes in groups of 4 to soon start buying
> > boxes one one by one, adding a few GB of RAM and at least 1 TB of
> > disk, and partitioning them on demand.
>=20
> I don't know if this is the same thing or not, but the John Company=20
> (www.johncompanies.com) seems to be already doing this with FreeBSD.

Right.  JC use FreeBSD jails.  I've had one with them for a while;
they're a good company -- solid support, and it does exactly what it
says on the tin.

--=20
FreeBSD: The Power to Serve      http://www.freebsd.org/               (__)
FreeBSD Documentation Project    http://www.freebsd.org/docproj/    \\\'',)
                                                                      \/  \=
 ^
   --- 15B8 3FFC DDB4 34B0 AA5F  94B7 93A8 0764 2C37 E375 ---         .\._/=
_)

--0lnxQi9hkpPO77W3

--0lnxQi9hkpPO77W3--