Date:      Sun, 7 Feb 1999 10:34:23 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Raymond <mingr@interchange.ubc.ca>
Cc:        FreeBSD Hackers <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: process state

[moved from -questions to -hackers]

On Saturday,  6 February 1999 at  8:46:40 -0800, Raymond wrote:

> I am just wondering if there is info about the process state.  I am
> doing a school project which my focus is on how FreeBSD is dealing with
> the process scheduling and context switching as well as the priority
> schema.  I was trying to use the search engine on the net in the
> official site, but I could only find very limited information. Could you
> direct me how I could obtain relavant information?

This is probably more relevant to -hackers (in-depth technical
discussion).

I don't think we have anything specific for FreeBSD, apart from the
code.

You're probably best off looking at ``The Design and Implementation of
the 4.4BSD Operating System''.  I don't think scheduling has changed
much since 4.4BSD; it's a pretty stable part of the kernel.

Greg