Date:      Mon, 16 Oct 2000 09:10:19 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jin Guojun (DSD staff) <jin@george.lbl.gov>
To:        brandon@schoolpeople.net, ragnar@sysabend.org
Cc:        hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: K7V problem? <- Make sure DIMM is in slot 1

> ?NT's boot cd worked.  Win98's boot cd failed in the exact same manner
> ?FreeBSD's does, so I used a Win98 install floppy.  Niether the FreeBSD
> ?4.1.1-R cdrom, nor a boot floppy from that release will boot.  Yes, I
> ?tested them on another machine to make sure they work.

So, it is not FreeBSD only issue.

> ?As I stated in my initial post, all drives except the LS-120 are SCSI.

I am not sure that FreeBSD CD can boot from SCSI CD drives. It may boot
from IDE drives only (not positive; I know 2.2.8 CD boots on IDE only;
or perhaps, it is BIOS related issue.)

And little confusion here, all drives are SCSI except the LS-120 ???
I know Sun uses SCSI floppy drives, but I doubt PC users use SCSI floppy.
Just want to make things clear. I am not sure FreeBSD will boot from a SCSI
floppy either. If you did have a SCSI floppy drive and a SCSI CD drive, then
FreeBSD probably would not boot from either drive.

	-Jin