Date:      Fri, 23 Jun 2000 20:13:38 -0500
From:      Sean Kelly <smkelly@zombie.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   BurnCD + swab

I have an IDE CD-RW.  In Linux, I used it with the kernel's SCSI emulation
and was able to use cdrecord.  I understand there is no SCSI emulation in
FreeBSD (though I wish there were), so I'm using the burncd command in
4.0-STABLE.

When I used cdrecord, I would always have to specify the -swab option or
my CD would come out 100% static.  I believe this is byte swapping.  According
to the burncd manpage, I see no switch to burncd to do similar.  I was wondering
if there is something I can do to files before using them with burncd to perform
the same task as what cdrecord did, or if a similar functionality can be added
to burncd.  I would have asked the burncd author/maintainer, but the manpage
has no e-mail address in the AUTHORS section.

--
Sean Kelly <smkelly@zombie.org> or <smkelly@slashnet.org>
       PGP KeyID: 4AC781C7        ICQ UIN: 27955995