Date:      Sat, 6 Jun 1998 03:30:48 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jesse <j@lumiere.net>
To:        Barry Grotjahn <flashlight@swn.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: the maschines stops too long while ...

This often happens if your DNS lookups aren't working right. For example,
if you're using the same machine as the primary DNS server and the named
daemon hasn't loaded yet. Usually it has to wait for the lookup to time
out. Making sure your own host is in /etc/hosts might work, but the best
is to have your named daemon load before sendmail.

Hope this helps,

---
Jesse <j@lumiere.net>
http://www.lumiere.net/