Date:      Mon, 29 Jan 2007 17:04:50 -0500
From:      Alexander Wittig <alexander@wittig.name>
To:        Mark <mark@movesmountains.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org, simond@irrelevant.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: squirrelmail-1.4.9a - missing strings.php?

Hello

I'm not sure if this is the source of your problem, but do you also have
mail/squirrelmail-compatibility-plugin installed?
If so, you have to reinstall it after you upgrade squirrelmail because
the compatibility plugin patches strings.php of the original
squirrelmail installation. If you install another version of
squirrelmail over it, it will override the patched files.

Hope that helps,
Alexander Wittig