Date:      Thu, 27 Jul 2000 23:36:39 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        "Andrei A. Dergatchev" <A.Dergatchev@tn.utwente.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Using the Compaq Math lib natively

Andrei A. Dergatchev writes:
 > Digital' docs is the most useful thing I found - pretty detailed description of
 > ieee_get_fp_control:

Thanks..  This is the OSF/1 definition, but seems to agree with what I
found in the linux header files.

 > errno_location seems to be LinuxThreads thing - couldn't find anything
 > in onlne DEC documents.

I've emperically determined this is just a pointer to errno.

The following wrapper should allow you to use the static version
of the cpml:

/* ------ cut here ---------------------------- */
#include <sys/types.h>
#include <math.h>
#include <errno.h>

u_int64_t
__ieee_get_fp_control(void)
{
        return fpgetmask();
}

int *
__errno_location(void)
{
        return &errno;
}

BTW, I'm typing this from an native FreeBSD/alpha X server linked with
the cpml ;-)  It seems to be faster than it used to be when linked
with the native libm.

Drew