Date:      Fri, 7 Jul 2000 13:54:22 -0700 (PDT)
From:      <keith@mail.telestream.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   sendmail

I'm wondering how one would restrict sendmail to not allow a particular
domain to relay except to a specific set of domains.

Scenario:
FreeBSD 4.0-Stable
Sendmail 8.9 <soon to be 8.10>

Mail server current relays using these rules.

FEATURE(`use_cw_file')dnl
FEATURE(`virtusertable', `hash -o /etc/mail/sendmail.domains.db')dnl
FEATURE(`access_db', `hash -o /etc/mail/sendmail.access.db')dnl
FEATURE(`local_procmail')dnl
MAILER(smtp)dnl
MAILER(procmail)dnl

You can see we already do restricted relays. I would like to make it so
our local offices can only send mail to our other 6 offices all of
which have their own domains and servers and not allow sending to
anyone else. But still allow the other domains we host to still have full
relaying. The age old story of the boss getting irked over too much
non-work related communications going on.

Keith

Keith W.

At the helm <for better or worse>