Date:      Fri, 23 Jun 2000 18:17:12 -0700
From:      David Bellizzi <dbelliz@cips.nokia.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   4.0 Install fails on Intel CA810E systems

--------------AB8BDA4669EA63E1DD083654

--------------208004412A29867593421F13

When I try to install freebsd 4.0 on my Intel CA810E system the install
process fails  make the file systems. The debug screen has an error

ad0s4: slice extends beyond end of disk: truncating from 2857697280 to
20044080 sectors.

If I look ad the disk labels, ad0s4 is not defined?
If I partition the drive in any way,  write the changes and reboot.  The
partitions are lost.

I was able to successfully install 3.4 and get 640x480 graphics in X.

Thanks
db

--------------208004412A29867593421F13

When I&nbsp;try to install freebsd 4.0 on my Intel CA810E system the install
process fails&nbsp; make the file systems. The debug screen has an error<b></b>
to 20044080 sectors.</b>
reboot.&nbsp; The partitions are lost.

--------------208004412A29867593421F13--

--------------AB8BDA4669EA63E1DD083654

begin:vcard
n:Bellizzi;David
tel;cell:1-831-251-7295
tel;fax:1-831-460-3801
tel;work:1-831-460-3800 Ex.3994
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://cips.nokia.com
org:Nokia Corporation;Clustered IP Solutions Group
adr:;;1538 Pacific Ave.;Santa Cruz;CA;95060;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:dbelliz@cips.nokia.com
title:Quality Assurance Engineer
x-mozilla-cpt:;28192