Date:      Thu, 25 Jan 2001 10:12:47 -0600 (CST)
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        "Dana" <akadanak@kc.rr.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What browsers do you recommend.

Dana <akadanak@kc.rr.com> types:
> I really don't like Netscape (too slow, crashes
> too oftem) and while I use lynx I do admit that
> I like a graphical browser.

I use w3m instead of lynx. It can be configured with the Lynx
keystrokes, handles frames, and can be driven from the mouse. The
critical feature is that it has the concept of "external browsers", so
you can configure it to open another browser on a link (or the current
page) almost as easily as you can follow it in w3m. Thus, when you run
into a page that really needs a graphical browser, you can invoke
your favorite graphical browser.

	<mike