Date:      Tue, 25 Nov 2014 21:01:16 -0800
From:      Darren Pilgrim <list_freebsd@bluerosetech.com>
To:        Alejandro Imass <aimass@yabarana.com>,  FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: UPS for FreeBSD

On 11/25/2014 7:48 PM, Alejandro Imass wrote:
> I'm looking to buy a UPS for a server I have at home that will work with
> FreeBSD and can signal for server via USB to gracefully shutdown when power
> goes out.

It's not so much compatibility with FreeBSD, but compatibility with UPS
management software like Network UPS Tools.  NUT maintains an extensive
list of UPS compatibility and which drivers work in which OSes.  I'm not
aware of any other general UPS management suites, but I would hope they
maintain similar lists.