Date:      Fri, 19 Dec 2003 19:02:24 -0600
From:      "J.D. Bronson" <jeff_bronson@wixb.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   HTT + machdep.hlt_logical_cpus

Well..here is yet another question for the group...

4.9-RELEASE:

I have SMP running on my P4 machine and when I enabled
machdep.hlt_logical_cpus=0 after boot, the machine runs
fine...

however, if I add it to sysctl.conf as the machine boots
I get STREAMS of errors about HANDLER INT and other things I cannot read...

is it wrong to place this value there?

Reports that say something hasn't happened are always interesting to me,
because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we
know....

We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some
things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -
the ones we don't know we don't know.

-Rumsfled

--

J.D. Bronson
Aurora Health Care // Information Services // Milwaukee, WI USA