Date:      Thu, 15 Mar 2001 09:39:59 +0100
From:      Gernot Hueber <hueber@riic.at>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PPP problem

Hello!

Im want to use the FBSD server allowing internet connection, mailserver,
etc. for a small network with windows clients using 4.2 release of FBSD
on the server.
I installed a Fritz PCI isdn card.

I tried user ppp which claims a authentication FAILURE when connecting
to the isp. (I tried the same login/passwd with kernel ppp and the
authentication was ok?!). Why does kernel ppp work and user ppp does
not? Actually I want to use user ppp.
(I think user PPP version is 2.2.7)

Using kernel ppp I have unwanted dial ins (netstat -nt shows no
connections). Are there broadcasts from the windows clients bringing up
the kernel ppp connection. How can I find out who brings the connection
up.

TIA

Gernot