Date:      Mon, 20 Aug 2007 17:35:45 +0100
From:      "Lawrence Farr" <bsd-current@epcdirect.co.uk>
To:        <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Solid hang with bge interface

I have a Supermicro H8DAR-T based server, that was happily
running 6-stable from last year sometime. I swapped it out and
have been trying to get -CURRENT installed on it but it hangs
solid as soon as you configure the bge0 interface. The bge1
interface will work occasionally tho. To try and rule out a
hardware fault I booted an AMD64-6.0RC1 cd that I had, which
had no problems at all with the interface:

http://www.epcdirect.com/bootlog/6boot.txt

But the current snapshot from June, and from todays source
hangs solid as soon as you try to set up the bge0 interface.

http://www.epcdirect.com/bootlog/currentboot.txt

As you can see, it hangs solid at "Setting hostname".

I've also removed the 3ware card "just in case" but it made
no difference. Latest BIOS too. I found some references to
a similar problem with bge recently too:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2007-August/075998.html

Anyone else seeing this?