Date:      Sun, 03 Feb 2002 15:15:21 -0800
From:      "Ronald F. Guilmette" <rfg@monkeys.com>
To:        Gilad Rom <rom_glsa@ein-hashofet.co.il>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Installing from local network FTP server

In message <1012777172.247.5.camel@dhcp-251.meshek.eh>, you wrote:

>All you have to do is download the entire
>'/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/4.5-RELEASE' directory from your favorite
>FreeBSD FTP Mirror, and put it under (example, replace with anything
>appropriate) /usr/local/FreeBSD.

OK, call me ignorant, but I just _do not_ know how to do the equivalent
of an `rcp -r' (recursive remote copy) that gets all of the files,
all of the directories, and all of the sub-sub-sub-directories, starting
from a given point on some remote FTP server.  (Soory if this is a
dumb question.  I don't actually use FTP all that much.)

Can you tell me how to do that (recursive get) using FTP?  Will the FTP
`mget' command do it for me?

Also, remember that I'm trying to conserve bandwidth... of which I have
relatively little.  Is the stuff in the FTP directory that you just
mentioned already compressed, or not?

If not, there where can I FTP a compressed version of this same stuff?