Date:      Tue, 28 Nov 2000 09:12:14 +0100
From:      Didier Derny <didier@omnix.net>
To:        "William S. Duncanson" <caesar@starkreality.com>, Drew Sanford <drew@planetwe.com>, David Lebel <lebel@lebel.org>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: emu10k1 (soundblaster live!) still crackling.

hi,

I've seen this problem on some motherboard (without sound on the mother board)
but where a version of this motherboard with sound existed. In fact it appeared that
the sound circuitry was partly wired and the "sound option"  had to be disabled in
the bios (even though the mother board was supposed to be without the sound option).

(on another mother board without sound I found that only the amplifier were missing)

Le Lun, 27 nov 2000, William S. Duncanson a écrit :
> I get pops all the time on my SBLive! card, under FreeBSD, Win2K, and
> ME.  I'm starting to think that it's a hardware problem and not a
> software/driver problem.  It seems to be related to the CD drives spining
> up (and dumping noise into the CD audio or CD digital port, maybe?)  I
> haven't quite gotten around to calling Creative about it, though.
>
> At 13:59 11/27/2000 -0600, Drew Sanford wrote:
> >I haven't noticed this problem on either my SMP 4.2 machine or my UP 4.2
> >machine, both with SBLive!'s. The only time I've noticed any flaws at all
> >was on the SMP machine when it was slammed and I was playing mp3's on
> >xmms, there were a few glitches, but we are talking about loads of up to
> >6.00 with swapping going on fairly heavily.
> >
> >David Lebel wrote:
> >
> >>Hello,
> >>I'm using 4.2-STABLE on a machine that has a SoundBlaster Live!
> >>soundcard.  Around the time 4.0 was released, I had bunch of problems
> >>with the card giving bunch of static and crackling sound when sound
> >>was being played.  This was apparently fixed around the 4.1 release,
> >>but since the latest MFC, I still notice occasional glitches in the
> >>sound (mostly pops).
> >>Am I along having this problem?
> >>Ciao,
> >>   ...David
> >

> >--
> >Drew Sanford
> >Systems Administrator
> >Planetwe.com
> >Email: drew@planetwe.com

> >with "unsubscribe freebsd-stable" in the body of the message

Didier Derny
didier@omnix.net