Date:      Thu, 22 Aug 2002 16:54:01 -0400
From:      "Ethan Gilchrist" <ethan@randominformation.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Linksys LNE v5

I've installed FreeBSD with no problems finally. I ran into a few issues and
had to reinstall more times than I care to admit to. My only problem now is
that for some reason my network card will not work when I try to detect the
IP address and such through DHCP. This is confusing to me because on one of
the first installs that I did it in fact did dectect the settings. I've
perused through the Kernel config and I'm not really sure what (if any
changes) need be made there since it seems as though the network card is
supported "out of the box" or so says any documentation I have found. I did
go to Linksys' website and try to find out from there what I could do and
(of course) they reffered me back to FreeBSD.org which I had already
searched! Heh. The only thing I can find in the way of error messages about
this is in [dmesg] right after the line referring to my network card it says
there's an error with ports/memory? I'm quite unsure of what or where I
should be looking to fix this.

Please bear with me as I just subscribed to this list and while normally I
would at least lurk a bit before posting I've been working on this for about
a week and have hit (and gone over though not by much) my deadline for
getting this up and running. Aside from not being able to get online from
FreeBSD it works great and I'm happy with it.

I'm also running it from the 2nd hard drive of my computer but so far that's
not been an issue (except for the fact that FreeBSD wants to boot up as
default which I don't want but that's a question for another day. Heh)
The above is from a message I posted a bit ago. Still having the same
problem. This is what I get from the dmesg commad...

Pci0: <unknown card> (vendor=0x1274, dev=0x1371) at IRQ 11
dc0: <ADMtek AN985 10/100 Base TX> IRQ 10 at device 13.0 on pci0
dc0: chip i in D3 power mode -- setting to D0
dc0: couldn't map ports/memory
device_probe_and_attatch: dc0 attatch returned 6

Also when I use /stand/sysinstall my network card does not show up under
interfaces but when I actually log into FreeBSD on my system and use
/stand/sysinstall from my hard drive I see an entry labeled "faith0" unknown
device. I'm at a complete loss as to what's going on. Augh! lol

Ethan Gilchrist