Date:      Sun, 17 Oct 1999 22:48:30 EDT
From:      ATeslik@aol.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   3com 3c905c-tx-m NIC

Hello,

So, I went and returned that Linksys LNE100TXII NIC and bought a 3Com
3C905C-TX-M NIC instead. It seems to have been a bad move because when I
compile "xl" into my kernel, the card doesn't even show up during boot.
Again, the dos diags that came with it have no problem seeing it, but FreeBSD
can't. This is getting really old really fast. Plug and Play in the bios is
set to auto, then I tried manual, then I tried recompiling my kernel, then I
read all the archives, then searched up and down for a driver. Nothing. Does
anyone have this card and have success using it? It doesn't even come up!
Grrrrrr.

Alex