Date:      Fri, 3 Dec 2004 12:47:19 -0500
From:      "mike" <mike@toledorides.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   MX700 Logitech Duo

About a month ago I downloaded and installed FreeBSD on a junk computer =
I had laying here and man I was impressed! I mean it installed so =
quickly I couldn't believe it had installed properly. When I rebooted I =
was seriously exepecting alot of errors, but it ran just fine. As time =
went on I kept reinstalling it and reinstalling apache, mysql, php, =
etc.. just to get the hang of it. I am a huge fan of BSD now because its =
so simple. So just 2 days ago I decided it was time to install the =
latest release ( 5.2.1 I think.) So I got it installed and it all went =
as expected, up until the mouse part. This is where I always run into =
some problems, but with FreeBSD its like I am in a shoebox under 10 ft =
of sand. I just can't seem to get it working! Its really disappointing =
because I am so ready to throw my XP cd into a brick wall! Ok enough of =
my ranting I suppose I will tell the poor soul reading this my specs.

System is a HP Pavilion ze4430us Laptop
AMD 2400XP Mobile
512 DDR 266
40 GB Drive ( 20GB For Windows / 10 For Media / 10 For FreeBSD)
National Semiconducter On board 10/100 Network
802.11b/g On Board Wireless ( Not concerned bout that right now)
Has a touchpad that I am not using at this point.
Logitech MX700 Duo / USB

I cannot get the mouse to work for nothing. I have plugged it into the =
USB port, tried using the PS/2 pigtail deal, nothing.

I have tried:
moused -t auto -p /dev/sysmouse

moused -t auto -p /dev/usm0

moused -t auto -p /dev/psm0

None returned Errors, None work. dmesg shows that the kernel recognizes =
my Logitech receiver, keyboard, and mouse, but the mouse does not work =
at all. Keyboard works but if I type fast then I get some weird stuff =
going on. It seems like it throws out the character I typed half a =
second ago out a again? I am getting discouraged again and I would =
really like someones opinion on what I should do! I don't want to go out =
and get another keyboard and mouse because this set is awesome, its just =
BSD that don't like me. Sorry for a long post, but my blood pressure is =
getting higher and higher with each failing attempt!

mike
toledorides.com