Date:      Thu, 16 Aug 2001 10:57:59 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Peter Losher <Peter.Losher@nominum.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   KDE 2.2 & OpenSSL

I have been trying to compile KDE 2.2 for a day now, and while it does
compile, it doesn't seem to want to handle SSL connections. (Either
https:// in Konqueror where it just spins and spins, or SSL IMAP
connections)  I have recompiled kdelibs2, and in the Makefile it states:

-=-
pre-fetch:
.if ${OSVERSION} <= 410002
        @${ECHO}
        @${ECHO} "                      NOTICE"
        @${ECHO}
        @${ECHO} "Your OpenSSL installation could be out of date.  This is"
        @${ECHO} "just a warning, but if your system's world was built on"
        @${ECHO} "sources earlier than August 20 along RELENG_4 or older,"
        @${ECHO} "then KDE2 will not build with SSL support."
        @${ECHO}
.endif
-=-

(Which is pretty vague - August 20? last year or four days from now?)  I
never had that message outputted to me in any of my builds.

To be safe, I have updated to the latest 4-STABLE (4.4-RC), and it looks
like my OpenSSL was updated, in the configure, kdelibs2 detects OpenSSL
just fine.

I'll rip out KDE all together and recompile the meta package and see if
that works.  If anyone has any other suggestions, that would be great.

-Peter
(Other than the SSL issue, KDE 2.2 works great... But I need to get that
SSL issue resolved)
--
Peter Losher <Peter.Losher@nominum.com>
System Administrator - Nominum, Inc. - http://www.nominum.com/