Date:      Fri, 30 Jul 2004 14:37:53 -0500
From:      Logan Ashby <lashby@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: amavisd/clamav Virus Recipient email notification template woes

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 13:42:00 -0400, Tim Schutt <tschutt@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've got postfix/amavisd/clamav configured on my mailserver, but I am
> having trouble getting the notification emails to format properly.

Virus and spam notifications are a bad idea.  Both types of email
forge the sender address, so notifications to the sender wind up going
to a third party that can't do anything about the problem.  Notices to
the intended recipient are simply a waste of bandwidth.

I know there are those who feel you should never discard mail, but in
this case, I'm fine with it.