Date:      Tue, 16 Aug 2005 07:53:53 -0700
From:      Darren David <darren@3x3x3.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Xorg monopolizes CPU after switching away with KVM

Hi all-

So I've just encountered a new issue ( for me ) with Xorg, and i'm
having a heck of a time tracking down the source and/or the actual
nature of the issue. When i switch to another computer using my KVM,
Xorg immediately begins to monopolize the CPU, heading up to 95%
utilization. When i switch back to my machine, my USB keyboard works,
but by USB mouse is unfunctioning. I have to force quit Xorg and restart
to restore peace to the land.

Now, this didn't exist on 5.3. I'm running FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE, and
xorg-6.8.2 and gnome2-2.10.1 from ports. I get no info in the logs
either. I've searched the archives on this, but it's difficult to figure
out exactly /what/ to search on to match this problem. No love on the
xorg list either.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Regards,
darren david