Date:      Fri, 27 Oct 2000 06:45:59 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ian Thomas <ipthomas_77@yahoo.com>
To:        "Potts, Ross" <rpotts@harris.com>
Cc:        freebsd questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Creative ATAPI CDROM

Make sure the jumper is set to slave on the BIOS if
you are using it in this fashion.  If you are trying
to boot from CDROM to start the installation make sure
the BIOS is setup to boot from CDROM.  I own a
Creative 52X CDROM drive and it works great with BSD.
I have installed as the slave on the Primary IDE.

hope this helps
Ian