Date:      Sat, 15 Sep 2001 02:36:48 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@neomedia.it>
To:        pnmurphy1@home.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sendmail appending wrong domain to my email address

> Please help, this is mighty frustrating...

>                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Where does this come from!! It is NOT
> the domain name for my LAN.

> KMail is setup properly with the correct names, but somehow it still gets
> switched to the above. Anything I send to myself with the localnet address
> via Sendmail goes off into never-neverland.

> Is there some config file that holds the local domain name for Sendmail; I
> have grep'ed /etc, /usr, /var, and /home for the text "mailbank.com" and
> come up blank.

Hmm, I can see something wrong here as well. I am running 4-S as of 8
September, 2001, and KDE2-2.1.1.

Well, I seldom use Kmail. Out of curiosity, I sent a message to myself via
Kmail and -- believe it or not -- whatever address I had specified, Kmail
always tried to send my mail to freebsd-questionsFreeBSD.ORG@inwind.it [sic!].
That is, since that address doesn't exist, no mail was actually sent.

I switched to other [bloatware] mail programs, with the following results:

-- Staroffice works
-- Netscape Messenger works
-- mutt works

Conclusion: I would say that sendmail is not guilty, and that Mr. Kmail seems
to be hos^Wbroken. :-)