Date:      Wed, 6 Sep 1995 22:33:47 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.Freenix.FR>
To:        freelist@elf.kendall.mdcc.edu (Don's FList drop)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Booboo in Boca multiport card HOWTO

It seems that Don's FList drop said:
> Hmmm. I stole that section right off the FAQ in
> /usr/share/FAQ/Text/FreeBSD.FAQ in the 2.0.5 distribution. I've been
> complining kernels here w/o using that, but perhaps I haven't made
> any related changes..... Hmmmm....

If  you stay  at  2.0.5-RELEASE  *and*  you destroy  ../../compile/WHATEVER
anytime you config a kernel file, it should work.

If you're current or  using "-n" to config  your  kernel, then you'll  have
problem anytime someone add something to conf.c or when you add a driver.

> Not reassuring - I just ran it for my most recent kernel, and it didn't
> immediately pass. Wonder what side effects I might be seeing as a result
> of failing to do this?

The kernel could stop compile if  your in the  base above because of broken
dependancies.
--
Ollivier ROBERT    -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-    roberto@keltia.frmug.fr.net
      FreeBSD keltia 2.2-CURRENT #17: Sun Sep  3 20:59:24 MET DST 1995