Date:      Sun, 25 Jun 2000 06:00:24 +0000
From:      David Bauer <bauer@genprofile.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Trust FM560LKI modem force 8250

Sean O'Connell wrote:
> If a pccard modem locks up your machine when you tip it or use ppp
> and go into the term mode, the trick is to add a
>
> reset 1000
>
> to the pccard.conf entry for your card.  You shouldn't have to
> fiddle with sio flags.
Hi Sean,

the reset helps a bit but there is still a problem with the fifo. If I
try ati11, which returns a long list of debugging information with the
modem status and the last connections statistics, then the kernel
complains:
"sio1: 178 more interrupt-level buffer overflows (total 296)"
This error messages disappear if I disable the fifo with flag 0x00002.
But the modem is a V90. So I will probably run into trouble with speeds
above 9600 won't I ?

The modem seems to be an OEM version of the Datalink 56K modem from
ActionTec. It uses the Lucent (Venus) chipset. Is there anythink known
about FreeBSD having problems with this chipset?

Thanks, David.