Date:      Thu, 25 Jan 2001 16:04:23 -0800
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        Edwin Culp <eculp@EnContacto.Net>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Connecting to a Intel 2011 AP

On Thu, Jan 25, 2001 at 03:35:37PM -0800, Edwin Culp wrote:
> For the Intel AP, I change the configuration to not use Short RF Preamble.  On
> the wi0 I change the name -n and the port with -p and it tries to work.  I can
> ping but when I try telnet, I get the login and then the passwd then it hangs.
> Web pages are the same way.  It looks up the site, clears the browser screen and
> hangs.
>
> I switch AP's and it works perfectly with no other change.

This sounds like a problem I had with a Cisco Access point.  I could
ping some hosts, but not all of them on the net it was attached to.
It was very odd.  The solution was to revert a couple setting to default.
One was the "Ethernet Encapsulation Transform" which had been set to
802.1H and was reverted to RFC1042.  The other one was turning off some
Cisco specific extensions.  I'd also note that you probably don't want
to disable Short Preamble.  It's the default and works just fine here.

-- Brooks